So, you'd like your Eurasier to have puppies?

If you are thinking of breeding from your bitch or dog, the first thing you must do is contact the breeder of your dog and / or a member of the Eurasier Society Health & Breeding Sub-committee.

It is most likely that when your puppy was registered at the Kennel Club, a breeding endorsement was put in place, this will need to be lifted by your breeder before any offspring can be Kennel Club registered.

You will be advised that certain health tests will need to be done, with a satisfactory conclusion. The tests can be carried out after they have reached an age of one year and they are the same for dog and bitch. The compulsory health tests needed are:

  • Hip Score
  • Elbow Score
  • Patella Luxation
  • Eyes checked for Entropion, Ectropion and Distichiasis
  • Thyroid - full panel

Please see the Breed Health page for further information on these conditions. It may also be advisable to check for other potential health issues depending on your dogs ancestry, the Health Coordinator will advise.

Your dog's breeder, as well as the Eurasier Society Health & Breeding Sub-committee will be able to offer advice to our members. Owners will be helped to choose an appropriate mate, based on health, temperament and conformation. In all these cases the owner's preferences will be taken into account. The ultimate choice will of course be the breeder's. Advise is available to bitch owners and also to stud dog owners on the suitability of a potential bitch.